We are all about Companionship in the Community – we offer a safe space for retired people to make new friends, learn new skills and mix with dogs! Can you support us by helping in our Community spaces? Are you confident and friendly with good listening skills? Are you dependable and trustworthy? A real team player who can ‘think on your feet’? Do you make a mean cuppa? Are you a dog owner or do you have access to a well behaved companionship dog that could come to work with you?
If yes to the above, and you can work flexibly with us, then we might just have the perfect opportunity for you in our Alloa Community Space!
How much time can you donate?
If you can spare at least two days per month, on weekdays from 11am to 3pm, then you can help to make a real difference.
Where can you help?
Our current volunteer opportunity is in our Alloa Community Space.
What will you do?
- Welcome visitors and their dogs to our community space, engage with them and make them feel at ease
- Confidently and accurately promote the aims and objectives of the charity.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and tidiness at all times, ensuring that the Community Space presents no risks to visitors, dogs, staff or volunteers
- Deal with any donations handed into the charity via the Community Space as instructed by Management
- To attend any additional training necessary for the volunteer role.
- Full training will be provided – in your local community space with a member of staff or experienced volunteer. It is a hands-on role and you will be well supported.
- Increased confidence and sense of purpose
- Meeting new people and building new relationships
- Giving something back within your local community
- If you have a well-behaved dog, they can volunteer with you as a companionship dog!
It’s a win/win!
You will have a named contact from the charity to support you throughout your volunteer journey.
If you need any more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.