We currently have no positions available.
There are currently 4 Board members at Give a Dog a Bone. We meet bi-monthly either in person or via Zoom, with two additional Strategy Meetings throughout the year (total of 8 meetings). Attendance, and participation, at a minimum of 7 meetings per year is expected of this role.
Trustees have the ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of Give a Dog a Bone, and ensuring that it is solvent, well run and delivering the charitable outcomes for which it has been set up.
Trustees are expected to make active and insightful contributions to the Board, using their wide-ranging skills, knowledge and experience, to ensure good governance and the development of future strategy.
We welcome individuals who have a strategic vision and can help translate that into a plan.
The ultimate responsibility of anyone who joins our Board is to contribute to the long-term success of the Give a Dog a Bone charity.
- Is passionate about the purpose and goals of Give a Dog a Bone and can demonstrate their commitment and support
- Is fair, has objective judgement and a willingness to speak to their mind
- Can give adequate time, thought and energy to the role
- Will act as an ambassador for Give a Dog a Bone
- Has a large network of contacts that can be utilised for external insight and support
- Preferably has experience across private, public and third sectors
- Has the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Has leadership experience from either a Legal, HR, Digital or Retail environment
- Can make timely decisions that lead to the best outcome for the charity
- Is commercially astute
- Is not disqualified to act as a Trustee, unless authorised to do so by a waiver from the Commission
Face to face interviews will take place at our Glasgow offices on Tuesday 8th November, with the final stage in our recruitment process occurring in the Alloa community space on Friday 18th November.
If you have any queries you are invited to contact Louise Russell on 07969 742 858 (CEO & Founder).